Vietnam is located in Southeast Asia; it is known as the easternmost country on the Indochinese peninsula. Having the shape of the letter S, Vietnam has a long coast along South China Sea, offering beautiful Vietnamese beaches. Here is a list of fascinating facts about the Vietnam map that you need to know.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: Fansipan peak
1. The highest mountain peak is Fansipan, located in the northwestern of Vietnam, and also of the whole Indochina. Fansipan is sometimes dubbed as the “Roof of Indochina,” filled with a cornucopia of floral and faunal varieties and species.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: Hanoi
2. The capital of Vietnam is Hanoi. This is the second largest city of Vietnam, it lies on the bank of Red river Delta and is an old city. Up until now Hanoi has been lasting for more than 1000 years.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: Mekong Delta map
3. The area of Mekong River Delta is almost three times larger than the area of Red River Delta. However, Red River Delta is surrounded by more urban provinces than Mekong River Delta.
4. Northern Vietnam provinces have a four-season weather, whereas Southern Vietnam provinces only experience two: rainy season and dry season. Furthermore, in more southern provinces. On your Vietnam tours you will have to deal with the weather in Vietnam, it is just so unexpected. However, I’m sure this is definitely a fun experience, right?
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: Ho Chi Minh City
5. The biggest city of Vietnam is Ho Chi Minh City. This is the most important commercial and industrial center of Vietnam.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: administrative system of Vietnam
6. There are 64 provinces and cities in the administrative system of Vietnam. Among which Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong, Danang, and Can Tho are the main cities.
7. The length of Red River in Vietnam is two times longer than that of Mekong River in Vietnam. However, when it comes to the total length of the two rivers, Mekong River beat Red River ruthlessly.
8. Due to the geographic location, Hue experiences the highest rain level in comparison with that of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: railroads
9. The length of the road connecting Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City is 1738 kilometers.
10. Vietnam is adjacent to China, Cambodia, and Lao. When it comes to the sea, it is contiguous to that of Philippines, Malaysia, China, Singapore, and Indonesia.
11. The area of Vietnam sea is 1.000.000 km2 with the coastal line's length is approximately 3000km.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: coffee industry
12. The central highlands is abounding in a type of dirt called "bazan," suitable for growing industrial trees such as tea, coffee beans, and cacoa.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: snow in Sapa
13. Vietnam does have snow in the winter, in highlands such as Sapa, located in northwestern Vietnam. This explains the vast increase in tourists traveling to highlands Vietnam these recent years.
14. Most coal mines are located in Northern and Central Vietnam. Thus has been establishing mining industries in these areas.
fascinating facts about the Vietnam map: landscape
15. Mountains and highlands take up to three-fourth the total area of Vietnam. Which means these places have always been offering a spectacular and ideal places for you to go on your Vietnam tours.