From visiting great historical monuments to the bustling nightlife of big cities, Vietnam always has something for everyone. Especially, with a coastline of more than 3200 km stretching from North to South and a few well-known island attractions, Vietnam boasts a number of stunning beaches. You could certainly just have famous cities on your Vietnam travel lists, such as Hanoi, Hue, or Hoi An. But it would be negligent to plan a trip to Vietnam without spending at least one day on the sea, especially since most cities are either already on the coast or just a day trip away from it.
In this article, we've made a list of the “Top 20 most beautiful beaches in Vietnam” to help you decide. Here are the best beach locations in Vietnam to enjoy the surf, sun, and white sand.
1. Thien Cam Beach - Ha Tinh
Location: Thach Kim commune, Can Loc district, Ha Tinh province.
To start your journey of beach discovery in Vietnam, set foot on Thien Cam Beach in Ha Tinh. Just about 35 km to the northeast from the center of Ha Tinh City, Thien Cam Beach boasts a fine white sand and clear blue sea near a range of mountains. Tourists often gather here to enjoy the fresh air and swim in the sea. When the night comes, you can escape from all worries just by sitting on the white sand and listening to the wonderful melodies of the wind, waves and the sound of leaves from the mountains. You will understand why the locals said that this beach can create "The Sound of Heaven".
What to do
● This beach is great for swimming, flying kites, sunbathing, and enjoying the fresh seafood specialties of the region, such as “Goi ca duc’ (Smelt-whiting fish salad).
● Near Thien Cam Beach, there is a small island called Co To Island, an attractive destination for those who want to explore unspoiled nature and enjoy a quiet space.
Location: Sam Son city, Thanh Hoa province.
Next, experience the bustling view at Sam Son Beach in Thanh Hoa. Only about 16 km from Thanh Hoa city center, Sam Son Beach is famous to both locals and foreigners. Here, visitors can swim, windsurf and participate in other interesting activities.
What to do
● In the summer, when coming to Sam Son, visitors will find a vibrant scene where both locals and tourists head to the beach to lie on the white sand, sunbathe and immerse in cool water. You can also participate in water sports activities such as surfing, windsurfing, kayaking,... or simply sit and chat and watch children play in the sand.
● Traveling to Sam Son Beach, you also have the opportunity to take photos with many beautiful rocky mountains and explore the forest, historical temples and monuments nearby such as Co Tien Temple, Doc Cuoc Temple,.... This provides a diverse and engaging landscape experience for visitors.
Location: next to Truong Phap Street, Dong Hoi city, Quang Binh province.
Nestled along the pristine coastline of Dong Hoi, Nhat Le Beach is one of the must-visit beaches destinations in Vietnam, where you will be captivated by its wild beauty and peaceful atmosphere. Nhat Le Beach offers a peaceful and quiet space for visitors. The beach has a beautiful curved shape, making it a unique point when looking from above. This is a paradise for you to escape from the urban rhythm and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature.
What to do
● Combine your visit to the beach with a tour of notable attractions such as Dark Cave - a famous cave, or Bao Ninh tourist area with rows of old houses and historical sites.
Location: on the outside of Con Dao National Park in Con Dao, Ba Ria - Vung Tau
Dam Trau Beach was voted by Travel + Leisure magazine (USA) as one of the 25 most beautiful beaches in the world with beautiful scenery and diverse rock shapes. On a rocky slope reaching out to the sea, two large rocks appeared embracing each other, like two lovers chatting and confiding, forgetting all time and years.
Especially the water here is clearer and bluer than anywhere else. The blue of the sky, the shadow of the forest, mixed with the blue of the sky and the sea. This beach is the right place for you to spend the day lying in a hammock, reading, watching the sea or strolling under the coconut trees.
What to do
● Visitors can visit, swim, snorkel to see the diverse coral reefs, or participate in activities such as windsurfing, and kayaking.
● Dam Trau Beach is also an ideal stopover for tourists to visit and explore the Con Dao archipelago with historical sites, old prisons, and famous caves.
Location: Quynh Tho Commune, Quynh Luu District, Nghe An Province.
Quynh Beach is a pristine beach in Vietnam that has not been exploited for tourism and is known as "Wild Beach", giving visitors a feeling of peace, closeness to nature, and escape from the noise of urban life. Quynh Beach boasts a harmonious combination of beautiful caves on one side and the beach on the other, creating an attractive tourist destination of Nghe An.
What to do
● To fully experience the beauty of Quynh Beach, visitors can rent a boat or canoe to visit the Dragon Eye Cave at the foot of Dragon Mountain, in Quynh Nghia Commune, or Mui Trau Cave, a cave opening to the sea.
● Visitors can also explore nearby attractions such as Ngang Pass, Lotus Village, Kim Lien Pagoda and the special mountain landscape of Nghe An land.
Location: Son Tra district, Da Nang city.
Don't forget to visit this famous Da Nang beach - My Khe. About 5 km from the center, With endless blue sea stretching to the horizon and stunning scenery seeing from above, this is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Central Vietnam. This beach was once voted by Forbes magazine as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Not only a tourist destination, My Khe is also a symbol of Da Nang city and is imbued with the culture and history of the nation.
What to do
● When coming to My Khe, visitors can enjoy fresh seafood dishes such as sea crabs, lobsters, oysters, along with typical street food of Da Nang such as Quang noodles, banh xeo, spring rolls.
● In particular, the beach is located near the center of Da Nang city, near amusement parks, restaurants, hotels, creating favorable conditions for visitors.
Location: Dong Xa commune, Tien Hai district, Thai Binh province.
Con Den Beach is known as the most beautiful dune in the North and was recognized by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve due to the diversity and abundance of animals in 2004. This beach is an ideal place for tourists who want to explore the diversity of nature besides sea bathing.
What to do
● Explore Con Den sea: Before exploiting and developing tourism, Con Den beach was a very wild and rustic beach in Vietnam. After more than 10 years of investment in construction and tourism exploitation, Con Den beach has become an attractive destination for many tourists. There are also many entertainment activities with ticket price of 60,000 VND/person/all games. This is a fun experience you should try.
● Visiting the mangrove forest: Con Den Beach also has a unique feature that cannot be found in any other beach that is very close to the mangrove forest. Visitors after traveling, swimming can visit to visit and learn more about the mangroves here by large ferries.
● Visit Dream Bridge: This is also the longest sea bamboo bridge in Vietnam today and can be considered as the most special bridge in Con Den. Made from bamboo, spanning the mangroves, the dream bridge creates an easier path for visitors to explore the mangroves.
Location: Do Son district, Hai Phong city.
Do Son Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the North of Vietnam and is also a famous tourist destination attracting a large number of domestic and foreign tourists. Although not possess extraordinary beauty, Do Son is also a perfect choice for those who travel to Hai Phong City. Besides, Do Son tourist area with interesting things, famous seafood restaurants, will definitely contribute to bringing great resort experiences here.
What to do
● Visiting the unnumbered pier: This is a relic located on the Do Son coast that has been ranked as a national, reminiscent of a heroic history of the nation. This relic is actually a legendary ship that transported supplies during the resistance war against the US in the South. If you are a history and art lover, you definitely cannot miss this activity.
● When coming to Do Son Beach, visitors can enjoy fresh seafood dishes such as shrimp, crab, fish, oysters, along with Hai Phong specialties such as crab spring rolls, crab cakes, jellyfish mannequin,..
Location: Ly Son island, Quang Ngai, 15 miles from the mainland (about 30km).
Known as a paradise in the middle of the sea, Ly Son is recognized by tourists as the place with the most beautiful seascape at present. The attraction of Ly Son lies in the illustrious historical feat with the basalt layer formed from volcanic lava millions of years.
Just like Quynh Beach, Ly Son Beach still remains its wild beauty, becomes a getaway spot for those who want to relax and experience the unique culture and history of the people here.
What to do
● Tourists can visit tourist attractions on Ly Son island such as Do Island, Big Island, Hang Cau, visit fishing villages, swim in the sea, watch the sunset.
● Ly Son is famous for fresh seafood dishes such as eel, stone snail, along with specialties such as Ly Son garlic.
Location: Vinh Linh district, Quang Tri province.
Since ancient times, Cua Tung beach has always been appreciated for its wild and charming beauty, the French built here many resort villas with classical architecture. Until now, the resorts are still quite intact and Cua Tung beach is always an attractive destination for beach lovers in Vietnam.
What to do
● Swimming, sunbathing,...: Cua Tung sea water is not so clear but it is ideal for bathing. In particular, bathing here is very safe because Mui Si and Mui Lai protrude into the sea to form a wall to help block large waves as well as large ocean currents flowing through.
● Watching the dawn on the sea: Cua Tung beach is very beautiful and wild. But the time when the scenery here is most beautiful and poetic is probably at dawn. Wake up a little early to have the opportunity to walk on the beach and catch the first-morning sunlight. That romantic scene will definitely make your soul much more refreshing.
● Visitors can combine visiting historical sites and enjoying the beauty of Cua Viet beach in the same trip. You can visit some places near Cua Tung such as Hien Luong Bridge, Vinh Moc tunnels, Truong Son Martyrs cemetery, Con Co island with many historical relics...
● Visit Cat Son craft village to learn about the lives of people doing carpentry.
Location: on Hon Tre island, right in front of Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa
Bai Tru is located only about 5 km from Cam Ranh international airport, is a convenient and attractive destination for international tourists who want to explore the beauty of Nha Trang beach.
If you are a lover of green travel and want to see the cool blue beach, Bai Tru on Hon Tre island is really a suitable choice. Here, you will admire the rows of coconut trees leaning towards the big sea, inhaling the fresh air, dispelling the feeling of fatigue after stressful working days.
What to do
● Traveling to Tru Beach Nha Trang, you should combine with other tourist destinations on Hon Tre Island to have the most interesting trip. This is the second most beautiful sea in Vietnam, so if you do not explore all of it, it will be a pity. Specifically, visitors can combine with some places such as: Truc Lam Tinh Vien, Dam Bay, Bich Dam ... or typically explore VinWonders Nha Trang amusement park.
Location: Phu Loc district, Thua Thien-Hue province.
About 70 km from Hue city to the North, Lang Co Bay has a length of 42.5 km, more than 60 km from Hue city and 20 km from Da Nang; This is an almost pristine bay located at the foot of Hai Van Pass, with a flat beach, beautiful vast blue water with a very diverse and rich ecosystem. This is one of the famous landscapes and tourist sites of Thua Thien Hue province, considered by King Khai Dinh as a fairyland Hue beach.
What to do
● Lang Co also attracts visitors to come here to learn and admire the majestic mountain scenery, blending into the immense sea and the immense green of the tropical primeval forest.
● If you are tired of bathing, you can sit on the sand dunes, and watch the sunset with small boats floating in the distance offshore.
● Visit fishing village Lang Co and buy seafood as gifts for family or firiends. Or you can also camp to organize a BBQ party and other interesting travel activities.
● In addition, visitors can also walk around Lang Co market and then buy souvenirs, goods or clothes imported from Laos as gifts for relatives, friends or colleagues.
Location: Ninh Chu Commune, Ninh Hai District, Ninh Thuan Province.
This Ninh Thuan Beach is famous as the most beautiful arc-shaped beach in Vinh Hy Bay, with clear jade-colored sea water, fine white sand, and abundant waves.
Coming to this sunny and windy land, you can not only visit, enjoy the sea and island atmosphere and the magnificent landscapes of nature, admire the outstanding architectural works, and which attract many tourists to come back. are the fresh specialties here.
What to do
● Swim and rest on the beach: Immerse yourself in the clear blue sea and relax on the fine white sand of Ninh Chu beach. This is a great opportunity to relax and enjoy the peaceful space.
● You can visit some Ninh Chu tourist sites like Vinh Hy Bay or Po Klong Garai Tower - a unique and historically valuable Cham architecture.
Location: about 90km from Phan Thiet, located in Tuy Phong District, Binh Thuan
Being one of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam, Co Thach is a wild but extremely special beach with colorful rocks. Moreover, this place is also close to other famous landmarks such as Hang Pagoda, Sand Dunes, Ganh Son, etc. If Mui Ne beach are suitable for swimming and relaxing, Co Thach is a destination for young people who love novelty and uniqueness.
What to do
● Finding seven-color stones on the beach: A most special point in this tourist destination is the rocky beach with countless pebbles and stones of all shapes and colors such as: white, black, yellow, brown, pink, ... According to travel experience Co Thach from those who went before, you just need to follow the coast for another 300m to find this unique check-in background.
● Trying sand-sliding activities in Binh Thanh sand dunes. Here, when participating in games such as sandboarding, you will have the opportunity to blow away all your worries. Moreover, taking photos in this view is also very cool and good.
● Visit Binh Thanh fishing village: Located just 5 minutes drive from the beach, there is a quiet strait, less turbulence because it is sheltered by the rocky beach and boats flock here to anchor, creating a fishing port with vibrant trading activities. Take your time to visit this interesting place.
Location: Cua Dai Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province.
Located only about 5 km from Hoi An center, Cua Dai Beach is rated as one of the 25 most beautiful beaches in Asia and one of the attractive tourist attractions of the central region. This place is famous for its unspoiled beauty, immense fine white sand, and straight coconut trees leaning to the sea. Cua Dai Beach is an ideal destination for travelers who want to combine enjoying the beautiful beach and discovering the culture and history of Hoi An.
If you are planning for your honeymoon trip and wanted to add this beautiful beach, just check out our honeymoon tour packages 12 days in Vietnam.
What to do
● Visitors can swim, rest on the sand, play water games such as windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, playing volleyball, and other teambuilding activities.
● Go fishing: If you are a genuine "fisherman", you should not miss interesting fishing activities on Cua Dai beach. With the location at the intersection of 3 big rivers, the fish here are very diverse and rare such as: Hanh Luem fish, Diaa fish, sardines, etc. There is a rental service on the beach and you can sitting right there.
Location: Xuyen Moc district, Ba Ria Vung Tau
Ho Co Beach is considered as one of the great destinations for beach tourism in Ba Ria Vung Tau, and is known as a "tourist paradise" for people who love to explore nature.
An outstanding feature of Ho Coc beach that has contributed to making this place have a completely different beauty compared to many other beaches of Vung Tau is that the beach is located far from the city center and right next to the primeval forest. Therefore, Ho Coc Beach still retains its original wild features and the climate is cooler and fresher than many other beaches.
What to do
● Explore Binh Chau primeval forest: Besides sea bathing, don't miss out on the journey to discover the primeval forest. This place has a rainforest up to 11,000 hectares. Possesses a very rich flora and fauna. In the forest, there are hills, mountains, lakes, and streams, so the landscape is diverse and extremely attractive.
● Enjoy Binh Chau Hot Spring: In this amusement park, visitors can also immerse themselves in the hot springs, soak their feet, and take a fresh mud bath. The hot springs here with water can treat a number of skin diseases, and support the treatment of chronic intoxication... Therefore, this hot spring not only brings a feeling of relaxation but is also good for health.
Location: An Chan commune, about 13 km north of Tuy Hoa city center, Phu Yen province.
Although it is only about 500 meters long, everyone who comes here is amazed by the beauty that is blended with the sea and mountains along with natural rocks arranged side by side. This place is also famous among beaches listed in Vietnam for attracting the attention of visitors from the cactus growing in rows protruding in front of the sea.
Bai Xep is one of the top 16 most amazing and attractive destinations in Asia, voted by the famous Business Insider newspaper. The beauty of the sea here is highly appreciated when it remains pristine, fresh and peaceful, and has not been commercialized.
What to do
● Check-in on the cliff with the cactus: No one can explain why Xep beach has such a unique cactus beach. This place has become a very hot check-in place for all visitors when visiting Xep beach. With the background behind the blue sea stretching to the horizon, there is no need to drop a fussy figure, but just standing aimlessly at a corner is enough to create a unique set of photos full of summer colors.
● Relax on the black rock near the beach: Bai Xep is also famous for its mysterious black rock formations gathered at the bottom of the cliff, facing the vast ocean. And no one will be able to resist this majesty of nature.
● In addition to Xep beach, Phu Yen also has many interesting attractions. It will be great when you can combine these places together during your vacation: Ganh Ong - Ganh Ba, Dai Lanh Lighthouse.
Location: Tam Thanh Commune, Phu Quy Island District, Binh Thuan Province
Trieu Duong Bay belongs to Phu Quy island, which still retains its wild character and has not been exploited too strongly from the tourism industry. This creates a separate and attractive space for those who want to escape the noise of the city and enjoy the peace in the midst of nature.
Trieu Duong Bay is one of the favorite check-in points of young people with rows of green casuarina trees, white sand beaches and blue sea water. This is also the perfect place to organize fun campfire nights.
What to do
● You can experience swimming, camping, campfire, BBQ and fishing by the sea. Not only that, you also have the opportunity to explore more Tranh island, Phu Quy port, Small beach - Ganh Hang ... also located near Trieu Duong beach.
● A motorbike ride around the island is a time to experience many interesting things, enjoy many beautiful scenes, from the sea, forest, boat, poplar row, wind power poles, beaches, ...
Location: the southwest of Phu Quoc island, Kien Giang province.
Bai Dai is famous for a long stretch of white sand beach, clear water and green trees growing all the way to the beach. The endowed nature gives this place a beauty that few beaches can have.
When coming to Bai Dai, visitors can enjoy fresh seafood dishes such as fish, shrimp, scallops, and oysters, along with specialties of Phu Quoc such as herring salad, grilled oysters with Phu Quoc fish sauce.
What to do
● Overnight camping: In the evening, team-building activities such as camping are extremely popular.
● Snorkeling and watching corals: Bai Dai owns the most colorful and diverse coral reefs in Phu Quoc Island. The sea water here is very clear so you can clearly see the coral reefs on the seabed.
● Fishing: this is an activity chosen by many middle-aged tourists. Fishing helps train the spirit of comfort, and patience and above all, creates joy for anglers.
● Cycling along the beach: with a length of 15km, you can cycle to breathe the fresh air and enjoy the fresh natural scenery.
Location: Nhon Ly commune, Binh Dinh province - about 25 km northeast of Quy Nhon city.
One side of Ky Co Beach is bordered by the sea, the other three are hills and mountains, so this is a suitable place for those who want to immerse in nature and have an adventurous experience.
What to do
● In addition to swimming and diving to see the coral, conquering the mountains or looking for cool streams with clear water flowing through the old forest will be very interesting. You can climb the mountain next to the beach to see the landscape of Ky Co beach from above. The mountain is easy to climb, but it is best not to go alone.
● Visitors can take part in activities such as exploring, prying milk oysters on the cliffs, and finding snails, and sea cucumbers ... crammed in the cliffs.
● Visitors here can also rent boats or canoes to explore the sea and go fishing. Or join with the fishermen to the sea.
There are many beautiful beaches in Vietnam waiting for visitors to explore. On this list of the “Top 20 most beautiful beaches in Vietnam”, each beach has its own unique and attractive features, from the wild look, and quiet space to stunning scenery and interesting activities. So back your pack and be ready to discover these magical landscapes and amazing experiences on the most beautiful beaches of Vietnam.
Found this trip organiser on forums/websites and thank to some very good reviews, my friend and I were looking to discover the Vietnamese's
I was referred by a friend to Mr. Ha Nguyen at Vietnam Original Travel - Hanoi Branch and I’m so very very pleased that I was
We pre-booked a short trip around Northern Vietnam with Vietnam Original tours. They responded very quickly to email and were very helpful